Wednesday 1 April 2015

Michael MacGregor

Michael MacGregor is a Scottish photographer who is best know of his photos of the North-West of the Highlands of Scotland which is also has sold as postcards.

This image is of the highlands in Scotland, it reminds me of an area where I was staying recently in Scotland, I looked over some images from that time, it isn't the same place, but is very similar. The hill also reminds me of the mountain in Ansel Adams' 1942 picture The Tetons and the Snake River that I mentioned in a previous artist research. This mountain is more like the one in Adams' photo.
This image also reminds me of somewhere that I have been on holiday whilst in Scotland. It like the others that MacGregor has taken is really spectacular it shows of all the beauty of the highlands of Scotland. It also reminds me of a couple of images that I have taken whilst in this region. I feel that this just simply emphasises my opinions of MacGregor being a great photographer. If I saw this image as a postcard in the shops in Scotland it would be one I would buy and send to someone at home it is a brilliant photograph and as a postcard.
This is another photograph taken by MacGregor that shows off how spectacular the region is and it also shows off Michael's incredible photography skills. This is another image of his that if I saw in a shop as a postcard I would buy without a shadow of a doubt and send home. Just looking over not just these three photographs but all his others prove that he is a brilliant photographer and he knows exactly what sort of image is needed to create a fantastic postcard displaying the pure beauty of the Scottish Highlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment