Friday 27 March 2015

Photoshoots (Japanese & Russian items)

This shoots I did of the collection of Japanese and Russian items was a really successful shoots, for this shoot I had a large and vast range of Japanese and Russian items.

For this shoot I went up to a room and spread out all the items, the way I wanted them to be laid out and then took photos of them, these were moved around so I could try and get the best possible images to create the postcards. This was a very successful shoot I got around 50 or 60 images to work with, this really helped I know that these postcards will be the best as I have so many more from this shoot.

 The selection of Russian items was more military based and it allowed me to take photos of items that I had not only never taken a photo of before, I had never seen with the naked eye before, so it would be interesting to see what sort of images I could get as well. I was also provided with a Russian flag as well for the shoot, this really helped emphasise that these items are Russian because there would be a few people that wouldn't know where these items would be from.
The selection of Japanese items were more varied which allowed me to get more different images to the Russian images, there were a lot more items to work with. The items including bottle caps as demonstrated by the image at the side, there was also CDs, books and clothing. The hardest to work with without a doubt was the CDs this was mainly because the sunlight through the windows reflecting on the CD case so I took several images, moving it around until I managed to get an image that didn't have any sort of reflection on it. Also even without the sunlight on the case, my reflection of taking the image appeared in the images which wasn't helpful, but I managed to move the CD and myself when taking the photos so I was positioned in a place where not only would I still be able to get the image straight on and not get any reflection in the image.

Overall I would say that this shoot was a success and that I will be able to create a couple of really interesting postcards from the images that I managed to collect from this shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment