Thursday 12 March 2015

Proposal

For this project I will be photographing different souvenirs that people have picked up when they have been abroad on holiday, the plan is to take photos from any country other than the UK or Ireland. I am also aiming to get as many countries as possible into this shoot so I have a wide range when choosing the images for my postcards. I want to this for the project as it will be something completely different to anything I have done before.

I am likely to use a wide range of cameras, so far I have taken a couple photos on a Canon 1000D, the plan is to use a 40D, 5D Mk III, and a couple of other cameras I have at home, these aren't DSLR cameras, these are compact cameras these are to given a wide variety of shots and shot types through using these cameras. All of the images will be in colour as I feel that the images probably wouldn't look very good in black and white so I feel it is for the best.

The images will be shown as postcards, the main purpose is to inform people about the different places that will make up the postcards that I will be creating. I hope that will also provide information about these places as well.

I have everything I need for the shoots ready so it should be no real problem and the places I want to go to do require permission but I already have that sorted so that is a big help, it allows me to get my photos done a lot quicker than they would have been done, simply because I have my locations picked and ready to use.

With the shoots the skills that I will need are quite simple, I will need to know how to position the lights properly so that the objects I am photographing don't look overexposed or underexposed. I will also need to know how to photograph the objects properly and I have experience in photographing these sorts of items before so this should be no problem whatsoever.

When it comes to getting access to the equipment I will require this has already been sorted out, which is a big help and also means that I can get it all ready for when I do the first shoot.

I don't think that will be to much risk when taking the photos, I feel that the only risk will probably come from the lights in the studio but I know how to work with these without getting injured and it is simple all I have to do is avoid touching the actual bulb whilst they are on and for a while after they have been switched off.

I have created a week by week plan so I know when everything needs to be done by so by sticking to this I should get everything completed in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment